Colonoscopy is a screening procedure that can help detect colon cancer early. To ensure a safe and effective colonoscopy, it's important to be prepared. This article will outline the steps you need to take to prepare for your colonoscopy in Tulsa.
What is Colonoscopy?
A colonoscopy is a procedure that is done to look inside the large intestine (colon) for health reasons. A doctor may recommend a colonoscopy if you have symptoms such as bowel pain, constipation, or unexplained weight loss.
If you are scheduled to have a colonoscopy in Tulsa, there are a few things you should do to make the experience as comfortable as possible for both you and the medical team. Here are some tips:
– Make a list of the things you need and don't forget to bring your ID, insurance information, and any medications you are taking.
– Arrive early so that you can have time to relax before your procedure begins. You may also want to take a nap or visit with friends and family before coming in.
– Eat light meals the day of your procedure. This will help avoid any uncomfortable bloating or constipation afterward.
– Don't drink anything after dinner the night before your colonoscopy. This will help keep your bowel movements clear.
– Bring a pillow and blankets if you're feeling sleepy. You may also want to bring a book or iPad for entertainment during your procedure.