One of the main roles of reducing home energy costs is played by adequate attic insulation. Attic insulation allows in preventing hot air from the outside to enter into the house while keeping in the cold and maintained air. In fact, people do not realize the fact that not insulating the attic of their home can lead to unbearable temperatures. This then leads to over-consumption of energy and increase in their energy bill.
On the other hand, insulating the attic properly can help you to maintain desired temperatures inside your house along with reduce energy consumption and energy bill on a monthly basis. If you get your attic insulated carefully, then these are a few benefits offered.
- Preserve the longevity and integrity of the roof.
- Improve the air quality that is present inside the house.
- Prevent on spending extra on either replacement or repairing of the roof.
- Prevent in the formation of ice dams during cold winters.
- Increase the lifespan of cooling and heating systems.
Different types of attic insulation used commonly are as follows.
- Fiberglass Insulation – The spaces between wall studs and floor joints can be insulated with the help of sheets and rolls according to the size. The way the sheet enters the spaces is by cutting with the help of a sharp knife.
- Cellulose Insulation – This type of insulation is best for attics with unfinished floors. The gaps on the floors can be filled with the help of cellulose insulation comprising of loose fibers or fiber pellets.
You can also try getting your attic insulated with the help of glass wool insulation.