A facilitator is a professional who is responsible for managing the process of information exchange. An expert or presenter's job is to share information and offer advice about the content of the discussion, however, a facilitator is meant to ensure the smooth running of the session.
Training may have over various content and subject matters, such as personal etiquette, video graphics, VMware training, discipline, time management, etc.
While all these topics will only be covered by subject matter experts, however, a facilitator can be from any background. The person, instead of having subject knowledge, should be proficient in managing the session, discussion, or training. You can also visit this website to hire a professional facilitator.
Image Source: Google
A facilitator shall have various qualities and characteristics to be termed as a good facilitator. Let's have a look at some of them:
1) Capable of managing the client relationship
2) Thoroughly prepared
3) Efficient use of time and space
5) Proficient in respecting the group
6) Skilled in maintaining objectivity
7) Expert in evoking participation and creativity
8) Reflector of professionalism, self-confidence, and authenticity
9) Skilled in reading the underlying dynamics of the group
10) One who shares responsibility
11) Maintains personal integrity
A facilitator should more interactive. He should be more of an asker than a teller. A facilitator should be task-oriented and willing to devote time to building relationships.