Using the ‘Backup settings’ option, you can take a backup file of your range extender settings. All the configuration settings, passwords, access schedules, and usernames will be saved on your computer in the backup file. In case you reset or reconfigure the Netgear range extender, you will be able to restore the same settings on it.
Now, you might be wondering to know the steps to save the settings and how to reconfigure after performing the initial setup from the Netgear extender setup website.
How to save the settings:
- Open the Netgear Genie for your range extender using the browser.
- Enter Mywifiext.net in the address space.
- If prompted to enter the username and password, enter the default details or the email address you used to configure it for the first time.
- From the left-hand side of the Netgear genie smart setup extender, you will find the ‘Settings’ option. Click on ‘Other’ and the different settings will open.
- Here, you will find the ‘Backup’ option. Click on it to take the backup of settings no your computer. You need to select the path or the location where you want to save the backup file. Select according to your wish.
- The backup will get saved on your computer and you can perform hard reset operation on the extender now.
How to restore the backup?
- To restore the settings from the backup file saved earlier in the computer, go to ‘Other settings’ again from the setup wizard and select ‘restore’.
- Go to the location where the files were earlier stored.
- Click on ‘Restore’ finally to start the process.
- Tap ‘Yes’ from the confirmation screen if you get any message.
- The extender will start uploading the backup files.
- Reboot the extender to update the files.
This is all about the process of taking the backup and restoring the Netgear range extender. If you find the steps useful, then do give a try and check if the problem encountering on the extender has been resolved or not. If not, you can contact Netgear range extender experts.